Artisan Bread Baking FULL TIME APPLY NOW
A&J King Artisan Bakers is looking for a FULL TIME bread baker to kick butt with our Bread Baking Crew!
We are an award-winning artisan bakery specializing in hearth baked breads such as sourdoughs, baguettes, ciabatta, and whole grains as well as hand rolled croissants, muffins, scones, cookies, tarts and seasonal desserts. All of our products are made fresh daily from scratch ingredients. We source locally and regionally whenever possible. We also offer espresso and sandwiches in our café and run a small wholesale program providing breads and pastries to area restaurants and shops. Winner of Best of Boston in 2009 and 2012 as well as Best of North Shore every year since 2008.
We recently added a New American Stone Mill to our bakery production processes in late spring of 2022. This allows us to mill all our own organic whole grains in house, sourced regionally. This will create an even higher quality and more sustainable product than ever before. If you are excited to learn about milling and baking with whole grains, this is an amazing opportunity.
POSITION DETAILS: FULL TIME POSITION:
We prioritize maintaining static, long-term schedules for everyone's sanity - no ever-changing weekly or monthly schedules! Full time production shifts here are five day a week, 8-hour schedule with occasional overtime in the busier season.
*Exact shifts still to be determined. Applicant should be open to working weekends and past midnight.
* Mix sourdough starters and various sourdough and non-sourdough doughs using artisan techniques
* Shape and bake whole grains, sourdoughs, commercially yeasted, and any special bread of the day to bakery standard
* Prep work as necessary for various bakery products
* Standard post-shift bakery cleaning duties including weekly deep clean
* Have previous food service experience. Bakery experience a plus but not a must - we can train the right applicant. NOTE: Home baking is amazing and wonderful (we wrote a book on it!) but is NOT considered food service experience.
* Be excited and passionate about food
* Be able to carry 50lbs, stand on their feet for 10 hours (with breaks) in a potentially hot environment
* Be a friendly team player - we work close together. No jerks.
* Be able to take constructive criticism and work to improve their craft
* Be able to multitask, prioritize, and work independently
* Have ENDURANCE, and know what that means in a food service environment. We stand a lot, shape a lot, lift a lot, use our hands, wrists, elbows, shoulders, and knees a lot! Be ready to work your muscles!
- Health insurance
- Sick Time
- Vacation Pay
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
Base line starting pay with minimal experience is $16.00/hour. Starting pay can go higher, and will be determined based on past experience, interview, and try out. Additionally, all employees are compensated through administration wages (on top of their base wage) per paycheck which varies depending on how busy the bakery is. Right now, that administration wage adds an additional $3-4+ per hour to each employee's wage. So, for example, employees making $16/hour are taking home at least $19+ per hour per pay check. To learn more, please see our website: https://ajkingbakery.com/pages/administrative-fee
Our bakery is made up of a wide range of people. We have musicians, artists, parents, designers, career bakers, culinary grads, former baristas...all of whom have an interest in the craft of baking amazing bread and pastry. If you're looking for somewhere to learn and develop the skills necessary to create a world-class artisan product, come join us.
Please provide a cover letter and resume when applying to this job. You can apply directly through this job posting or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope to hear from you soon!
2022-09-19|||139 Boston Street, Salem MA 01970|||Bread Production ||||||6LA_6qdravSoslCu|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||range||||||19|||22|||true