Artisan Pastry Baker Wanted! APPLY NOW
We're growing! A&J King Artisan Bakers is looking for a FULL TIME BAKER to kick butt with our awesome Pastry Baking Crew. It's a great time to be part of this group of craftspeople.
We are an award-winning artisan bakery specializing in quality made breakfast pastries such as hand rolled croissants, muffins, scones, cookies, tarts and rustic and classic seasonal desserts, as well as hearth baked breads such as sourdoughs, baguettes, ciabatta, and whole grains. All of our products are made fresh daily from scratch ingredients. We source locally and regionally whenever possible. We also offer espresso and sandwiches in our café and run a wholesale program providing breads and pastries to area restaurants and shops. Winner of Best of Boston in 2009 and 2012 as well as Best of North Shore every year since 2008. But enough about us.
Applicants should be available to work WEEKENDS AND NIGHTS!
Applicant should have flexibility in scheduling as this is a new position we are creating and exact times may need to be altered in the first few weeks.
We prioritize maintaining static, long-term schedules for everyone's sanity - no ever-changing weekly schedules!
These are afternoon and late night shifts primarily.
Shifts: 40 hours, five eight hour days
Thursday-Monday static schedule
Thursday: Afternoon shift (exact time to be determined)
Friday: 6 pm-2AM
Saturday: 6 pm-2AM
Monday: 7pm-3 AM
This would be a combination mixing and bake off position on some nights and then pastry prep and shaping croissant on others.
- Mixing quick breads, simple toppings and icings, and some yeasted doughs.
- Technique-driven dough lamination to bakery standard.
- Shaping of croissants, Kouign Amann, and other laminated items.
- Volume production of scones, cookies, and muffins.
- Use of both convection and rack ovens to bake all the above items on a prescribed proofing and baking timeline to the proper standard.
-Occasional simple piping/decorating.
-Being ready to learn new recipes based on seasonal offerings
- Hand kneading and sheeting of scones.
-Sheeting and/or scooping of cookies.
-Assembling and baking seasonal pies/tarts based on current menu.
-General food prep.
* Have previous food service experience; does not need to be artisan style. We can train the right applicant.
NOTE: Home baking is amazing and wonderful but is NOT considered food service experience.
* Be excited and passionate about food.
* Be able to carry 50lbs, stand on their feet 8-10 hours in a potentially hot environment. Being a baker is a very physical job!
* Have a desire to work quickly.
* Be a friendly team player. No jerks.
* Be able to take constructive criticism and work to improve their craft
* Be able to multitask, prioritize, work independently, and follow a timeline to have items baked off on schedule.
Our bakery is made up of a wide range of people. We have musicians, artists, parents, designers, career bakers, culinary grads, former baristas...all of whom have an interest in the craft of baking amazing bread and pastry. If you're looking for somewhere to learn and develop the skills necessary to create a world-class artisan product, come join us.
If you've read the entire ad, congrats! Please write "I READ THE WHOLE AD!" on the top of your email so we can give you an immediate edge on the competition. Hope to hear from you soon!
PLEASE INCLUDE A RELEVANT RESUME AND COVER LETTER/EMAIL WITH YOUR RESPONSE!|||139 Boston Street, Salem MA 01970|||||||||I1i17VrNFg7.iuNj|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||range||||||16|||17|||true