REHEATING BREAD AND PASTRY:
Not able to throw down all of the pastry and bread you purchased today? No worries!
BAKE AT HOME CINNAMON BUNS (for Holiday Orders):
- Two hours before baking, remove the bagged tray from the box and keep at room temperature. Keep the buns in the bag! This is a great task for excited early risers.
- Preheat your oven to 375F
- When the buns have risen and are barely touching each other, remove from bag and place on a sheet pan. Bake for 30 minutes for 8-pack OR 20-25 minutes for 4-pack, rotating the pan after 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes before frosting.
BREAD: Almost all of our bread products will last a couple of days on the counter, wrapped. And they freeze well, too! Here are some tips for storing and reheating our breads:
- Basic Loaf Reheating: 400F oven for 5-7 minutes to refresh the crust.
- Basic Roll Reheating (for Holiday rolls): Wrap rolls, all together, in foil. 375F for 10 minutes; serve immediately
- If it's just for a day or two, wrap up the bread in plastic wrap, or beeswax wrap. It will toast up fine!
- If you're looking to freeze the loaf, again, wrap it tightly before sending it into hibernation. To eat, pull the loaf out for an hour or so and then pop it in a 400F oven for 5-7 minutes to refresh the crust.
- Breads that contain natural sweeteners, like honey or dried fruit, will tend to attract mold faster than a sourdough, so those can live in the fridge if your house is especially warm. We definitely don't use preservatives in our products, other than natural acidification, so be aware!
PASTRY: Believe it or not, pastry CAN be bought in the afternoon and heated up the next day with surprisingly good results. Just keep them tightly wrapped on your counter, or in a plastic bag, before using. If your pastry came in a box, you can wrap up the entire box in plastic.
- Croissants and other laminated products: On a sheet pan, 400F for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Scones and Muffins: On a sheet pan, 400F for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Apple/Pear Tarts: On a sheet pan, 375F for 10 minutes. Let cool for 10 additional minutes before cutting.